"Your friends will know you better in the first minute they meet you than your acquaintances will know you in a thousand years."
~ Richard Bach

Brandice has been lost in Korea for the past six weeks and is finally back in the land of the free!
By lost, I mean she was doing a business internship and had a really great experience putting what she's been studying into practice, learning about a different culture, and most of all getting hit on by Korean men. What more could a girl ask for?!

I am so happy that she's back and have been thinking about how lucky I am to have such a great friend. I put this quote at the top because within literally five minutes of our first conversation, I asked her if she wanted to be my roommate for the next semester. She felt a little overwhelmed by my eagerness but handled it well and we've been best friends ever since. We had such a fun summer before our missions, mostly consisting of laughing for hours in our room, spying on people coming home from their dates, convincing Tim

that we were his two favorite girls, and apparently eating a lot as the pictures now testify (I tried to not include any that were too telling of the superfluous lbs). After 18 months in Madagascar, and her in Boise, it was so reassuring for me to have a friend to live with who totally got me. She understood when I just missed my mission. She completely related when I felt like a piece of crap for not having my day booked up with the most effective ways of helping others. We seem to experience the same stages of dating but at completely opposite times, which I've concluded is so that we can advise each other through it rather than both being completely confused at the same time.

Luckily we go through stages of food addictions at the same times, which makes our grocery trips pretty simple...stuff for bagel sandwiches, stuff for burritos, oreos, and milk. I love this girl to death and am so happy to have her back!
4 comments:
Welcome home Brandice! These pix of you guys are so cute! Great friends are so priceless...
Still can't believe I've never met Brandice! But, I'm so happy she's back. I know you've missed her!
i cant believe IVE NEVER met brandice either...lol. (you really should intriduce me, and talk me up, etc...*grin*)and that last post was like a month ago. what happened to you, chica?
sorry, i just misspelled introduce...wow.
Post a Comment